Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Heart The Internets

Some might say I have an addiction. Others might chalk it up to misanthropic tendencies. Either way, I'd much rather shop online than visit a retail venue in the flesh. Lines, people, lines, rude salespeople, dumb salespeople who try to sell me a lacy stringy wimpy bra made for a thirteen-year-old girl when I am clearly sporting nothing short of a bodacious support-needing D cup, bumper cars with shopping carts, not finding what I want, getting home and realizing I've forgotten the one thing I actually went shopping for in the first place - the list, it could go on and on. One thing I loathe particularly, beside the pushy gay man in Victoria's Secret and his dental floss bra, is going to the the grocery store, especially going to the grocery store on a week night. Until now, I've hesitatingly made the trek when absolutely necessary only to come home flustered and irritable and missing the Ibuprofen I meant to buy that would combat my headache. I've always been tempted to do the grocery delivery thing, but felt that it would be a little too yuppie. Shopping for clothes and gifts online, that's one thing. Groceries, though, that's another. And I have to admit, I still feel a little embarassed admitting this, although I'm not sure why now, but I've just placed my second order for groceries at Peapod.com. I'm not one hundred percent sure yet, but I may be in love.