Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Why I treated myself to a $10 salad for lunch

Run down of this morning: Slept late, smashed hand, lost one of my favorite earrings, stepped outside to jog (even though running late because weather forecasted rain later and I really needed to get in a good run), realized my Mp3 battery was dead, returned inside and proceeded to try every available double A in the apartment only to find they were all dead, ran half of usual distance due to lack of musical motivation (and have been really pissed off all day because now I have to exercise more when I get home), stupidly determined a belt was not necessary with the final outfit chosen to wear (out of about 3-4 choices), have been pulling up falling pants all day, couldn't get into a parking spot that was big enough to fit two of my cars, scowled angrily at an innocent man holding up a carwash sign, etc.

The salad was delicious, enough for two meals, chock full of avocado, sprouts, baby tomatoes, spinach, arugala, romaine, cabbage, sunflower seeds, green pepper, red pepper, jack cheese, sprouts, red onions, topped with yogurt ranch dressing and sided with homemade cornbread and butter.