Monday, November 01, 2004

counting

Today has been the longest day. And it's still not over. I didn't sleep at all, basically spent the night in a weird hypnotic state. This morning I threw myself out of the bed and into the shower, dazed. after smoking an excessive amount of cigarettes I trucked on down Skillman to work. I was early. A significant feat for me. Almost to the parking garage I realized that I had left my gate key at home. damn. I had to turn around and go back. Could've waited for someone to come along with their key, but you have to have it to get back into the garage. I didn't think about parking on the street. brain funk due to insomnia. I got to work prepared to do my job, get some stuff done. I started out well, got two interviews out of the way. But then I started to lose steam, and by 1 p.m. I had run out and resorted to staring at my coffee cup. Went to Legal Grounds for lunch. Had the veggie soup. It was okay. Then I drove around the block. After work I think I am going to buy a Shins CD.