Friday, June 10, 2005

Just Hang on to the Buttons

Honey whole wheat bagel, sun-dried tomato schmear; toasted - from Einstein's:

Most likely the highlight of my day...

So last night I finally just had to shut down my phone. I'd had enough. After the incident with Bridezilla, it was my mother, then my dad called during the middle of dinner at Cheesecake Factory, then as soon as I got in the car it started ringing again (sorry Pags). I still haven't called my dad back. And now, I really just don't want to turn the damn thing back on.

I saw a sign outside the bank today that had that old saying written in chalk: "Don't judge a person by their relatives."

However, I fully admit that I am crazier than a tree full of loons.

Anyway, I got the buttons on my couch repaired yesterday. Trying to tell the repairman how to get to my apartment took longer than the actual repair time. But the new couch looks new again. The bad news is, as Jesus* explained, the buttons will probably come loose again. The only thing I can do is just hang on to the buttons.

In other news, my back is much better. I was actually able to get outside for a little exercise yesterday. I took it easy, because there's still a little stiffness and tenderness, but all in all, I'd say I'm healed.

And then there's this.**

Old people are so sweet.

*I couldn't understand what he said his name was.
**Membership to this website was the unintentional result of a story I did. I swear.