Wednesday, May 18, 2005

t-shirts are awesome for several reasons

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I'm pretty sure that I've consumed the majority of the peanut M&Ms in the Munch a Bunch vending machine at work.

In fact, I think I am the only one consuming anything from the Munch a Bunch vending machine.

Anyway, I got my new Threadless Tee in the mail this week. Yeah!

Funny thing about Threadless today - I was checking out the new additions they send in their newsletter and ran across this. My boss was standing behind me as I immediately did the cock-the-head-to-one-side-and-scrunch-your-face-thing. He then looked at me in the inquisitory why-did-you-make-that-face manner.

"That looks like someone I might know," I stammered. (I probably shouldn't have been checking the new shirts at an online store while he's behind me trying to figure out what headline to run on the cover of our magazine that's going to print in three days. But hey.)

So after a couple of emails it was confirmed. I know the guy. He was really good friends with Cori (as in "not the bounty hunter" Cori) when we were at LSU. Looks like he's doing some good work. I really dig the "Piece of Meat" design.

Moving along, tonight is our final company softball game. Right now, we are tied with two other teams for first place. If we lose we are out, but if we win - we win! (If other two teams win tonight then we will all win first place)

The winners get t-shirts and trophies. Rock on.*

*I've got an extreme weakness for free t-shirts, as evidenced by the many 2 sizes too big Jose Cuervo/Coors/Jagermeister/random art festival shirts plaguing the bottom of my workout clothes drawer.**

**Somehow this reminds me of the time when the Arcadia bus outran a tornado in fifth grade and all of the Arcadia kids wore t-shirts around that said "I survived the Arcadia tornado" the rest of the year. I know. That was so random.