Sunday, April 24, 2005

ugh

I'm still in disbelief over the amount of food I've consumed in the last two days. I mean really, did I REALLY need that funnel cake after downing 2 slices of pepperoni, a corn dog AND roasted corn - with the butter? (Oh and when I say "with the butter" I mean dunked into a vat of melted yellow sauce and then, just to make sure the entire cob is entirely coated, brushed with the very same "you will have a heart attack today if I have any thing to do with it" liquid, followed by an evil chuckle. [OK so I'm lying about the chuckle, but you get the picture]).

And there's another thing about the corn.

Just as I had (rather appropriately) dumped, unevenly, a half of a shaker of Tony's Seasoning on my cob and began to crunch into the first bite, the middle aged man responsible for roasting the corn came to speak with me. Apparently I was the first one to purchase said corn. He wanted to know how it was. I nodded as melted butter dripped from my lips. Then I noticed his hat. Well, all I can say is that it's been a while, ladies and gentlemen, and a few state fairs, since I've seen someone wearing one of these.

Yes, delicious corn, shithead.

I feel so gross today. On top of the food, and the beer (ahem, 40 ounce Bud Light - yes it was a carnival of class hereabouts), I am sunburned - my arms, face, lips and most painfully on my head, where my hair parts. I've spent the day lathering on Neutrogena After Sun Treatment, which, by the way, is awesome.

On a more pleasant note, I am headed out to Charleston, SC this weekend for the bachelorette fiesta of the infamous Jessica "W-E-A-R like you wear clothes."

Paige has promised to bring an arsenal of sunscreen.