Tuesday, April 05, 2005

ooh eeh ooa

ooh hoo ee ooa

I may in fact be going crazy this week. I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but there are some pretty clear indications:

1. I woke up this morning and my hair, hair which has spent the last 25 years in a flat, fine, sometimes limp but always straight groove, has gone curly. I'm talking kinked out, frizzy, finger-in-the-socket frizzy, medusa-like coils, crazy-lady-next-door-that-doesn't-shower-funk curly.

2. I am purposefully flinging my car into each and every pothole I see. Granted, this is for work (editorial content - pothole of the month), but I'm kind of enjoying it. It's getting a little out of hand. My shocks are not happy. And neither are the drivers around me, I suspect, as I careen all over the road after hitting a particularly large and uneven rut.

3. Then, after almost hitting the curb after craning my neck to see if an indention in the road was actually a pothole, I swear to God I saw an entire footlong sub sandwich sitting smack dab in the middle of the street. I had a very strong urge to run it over.