Sunday, April 17, 2005

I'm a makin cookies

Nestle Tollhouse Ultimate Chocolate Almond Fudge cookies to be more precise.

I found myself torn between watching The Contender or Look Who's Talking so I resorted to chocolate to help me with the decision.

At least, that's how I'm justifying it.

This weekend was quite excellent. Friday I got off work early and spent some time by the pool, soaking in much needed sun and really getting into Desolation Angels.

Went to see Woody Allen's new flick, Melinda and Melinda, Friday night after dining on some delicious pizza of the Italian sausage and green onion variety at Campisi's.

Will Ferrell, whom I maintain is the funniest man alive, is in the movie - perhaps influencing my warm reception of the film.

Love. Will. Ferrell.

Saturday morning I went for jog - yes, I actually exercised on a Saturday - must have been something I ate. Then more sunning, fresh air and reading at Starbucks.

Let's see, after that we wheeled over to Dave G's to assist with his acquisition of a new TV - actually I just watched and played around on the computer.

The evening brought about massive beer consumption and the uncontrollable urge to be the loudest table in the Elbow Room clapping for The Hosty Duo.

That night I was introduced to the term fraidy hole (scroll down) several times. First there was my initial inquiry when they played the song the first time. Then the singer's explanation after or either before they played it for a second time. And then there was the scholarly interpretation, unsolicited, by the girl in the line for the bathroom:

Girl(slouching and sliding against the wall): "You from Oklahoma?"
Me: "Uh, no."
Girl:"D'ya know whatta fraidy hole is?"
Me: "I think I figur-"
Girl: "It's where you go when there's a tornado coming."
Me:"Ah..."

She then made me hold her place in line so she could stumble over to check for another bathroom. Although, I'm not quite sure she made it that far - it seems the Polaroid picture-taking people might have sidetracked her and then she forgot what she was doing.

She clopped back over just in time for her turn in front of me.

Shots, a disaster with the red pepper shaker, and more beer followed. Enough beer,in fact, to make me try to convince everyone at the table that I was going to become a documentary filmmaker, starting with, of course, the life and times of the Hosty Duo.

So then there's today. Today I had some delicious migas and a headache.

good times, indeed.