Thursday, May 05, 2005

Oh Glorious Day

When I woke up this morning I was covered, head to toe, in cold sweat. I tossed and turned all night because of said sweat. I'm not quite sure if it was before or after I had the dream that I was still in high school when I started sweating.

(In the dream our high school girl's basketball team was losing terribly and I was itching to play, but for some reason couldn't. Instead I ate strawberry Sour Punch Straws in the bleachers with Roni Tucker.)

Naturally, after a night of no sleep, with the weather all rainy and COLD (what's up with the coldness in May? I should be in flip flops by now), AND skipping the morning workout I had mentally prepared for, I was a little irritable.

But alas! I walked through the kitchen on the way to my office, glancing at the coffee maker (morning ritual -- desperate hope that someone might have actually already made the coffee), and to my sweet-loving surprise found we have REAL coffee creamer! And not only do we have REAL Coffeemate taking the place of the generic powdered shit, we also have the little Half and Half liquid creamer containers. Oh warm feeling!

THEN, in such a euphoric state, I pass the break table, and whaddya know - there's a gigantic gold container filled to the top with CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS!

Me so happy.

I know, I know, but really, it's the little things, people.