Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Need More Sugar

Erg. My neck hurts. Most likely this is because the cat forced me to sleep in an awkward pretzel-like position to ensure her extreme comfort at all times. She made Mike sleep on the couch.

Today, on this day of Valentine's, I have once again succumbed to the traditional gorge-sumption of excessive high-fructose corn syrup (really, does anyone use just plain sugar any more?). I am currently staring down the barrel of a heart-shaped Jolly Rancher lollipop and the crumpled silver and pink foil wrappers of the also heart-shaped Nestle crunch chocolates are littering the confines of my trash can. I have also consumed chocolate in the form of a Tootsie roll pop and I expect I will probably eat even more chocolate as the day progresses.

Hmm. I wonder how one becomes a professional chocolate taster.

In related news, I had Subway for lunch today. I eat at Subway a lot. The same dude (I say dude because he has long hippie-curly hair pulled into a ponytail and wears what I'm pretty sure is Hemp necklace) makes my sandwiches every time I go in there. I always order the same thing: Roasted chicken breast on wheat, not toasted. When making a roasted chicken breast Subway sandwich the sandwich artist must heat up the chicken. He then assembles the rest of the sandwich while waiting for said chicken to reach the desired temperature. It never fails that this particular sandwich artist forgets about the chicken in the microwave and starts to close up my sandwich sans chicken. I always have to point this out to him. He always says something along the lines of "duh" or "doh." OK, so I'm not really sure where I was going with this. Maybe drugs are bad? I don't know. I have to go back to work now.

Thank you, that is all. Sorry for the pointless post.