Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fucking Delicious

Mike and I are hopeless when it comes to dining out/ordering delivery, so my New Year's resolution is to cook more. The truth is, I do enjoy cooking - but only if it's simple. That's why I like Rachael Ray so much. My goal is to prepare one "homemade" meal - meaning something not out of a box - at least one night a week. The first attempt was chicken & dumplings, recipe courtesy of my new RR cookbook. Phenomenal. Last night, we wanted stay in, watch movies, and have our "real" dinner night. I was tired from work, and didn't really feel like following a recipe. So, I decided to wing it - a potentially disasterous decision. But ladies and gentlemen, it was not a disaster at all. In fact, it was one of the most delicious dinners I've probably ever made on my own. And the best part - freaking easy as hell. Here it is, Pork Tacos a la Lou:

Get a Hormel Lean Pork Tenderloin, pre-marinated in Teriyaki, and place it in foil in a shallow baking pan. Cut some slits all over it. Shove garlic cloves in the slits, about 6-8 cloves. Squeeze lime over tenderloin, followed by a drizzle of olive oil and a drizzle of Worcestershire. Sprinkle on some ground cumin, chili powder and then add a little hot sauce. Fold up the foil and throw the tenderloin in oven at 425 degrees for about 35-45 minutes. Heat up some tortillas - I used corn - in a skillet. Thinly slice tenderloin and put into tortillas, then add toppings. I used tomatoes, onions, lettuce, fat free sour cream, avocado and some low fat shredded Mexican cheese.