Thursday, February 02, 2006

I feel like a housewife today and I don't like it

One of the problems with having a day off during the middle of the week is that I wake up feeling a bit worthless. Of course, the first month it was fantastic, I was able to take care of all of that looming I-just-moved-to-a-new-city crap such as obtaining a driver's license with very bad personal photo representation. But now, I've gotten myself into a Thursdays funk. I've become a soccer mom, without the soccer and without the kids. My typical Thursdays consist of sleeping in about 30 minutes, promising myself I WILL look for freelance work today but never getting around to it, getting out of bed, working out, and spending the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning, folding clothes and running errands - mostly to the grocery store and Petco, with the occasional visit to World Market where I inevitably buy chocolate. Today, I've already started a load of laundry, cleaned out the refrigerator and folded some laundry that's been sitting in the office since Sunday. I've got on my workout clothes and was just getting online to pay the bills when I decided that being off on Thursdays really isn't that great when it comes to my ego. So here, at this moment I am dying to say fuck it, I will NOT be that laundry-doing-dinner-cooking person. But see, the problem is, I can't stand looking at all of the laundry piling up, knowing that I will eventually have to do it anyway and Sundays the washing machine in my building gets crowded. Plus I have no clean underwear. And I'm getting to the point where I get the anxiety when things are messy and dirty. And I HAVE to pay the bills otherwise we'd have no heat or *gasp* Internet. So, I'm stuck. At least I'm not cooking dinner tonight. Maybe I'm just cranky about all of this because I'm feeling all congested and tired and cold-like. And ever since Lorie's post I want a fucking cupcake too.