Monday, January 23, 2006

I ain't got much

The man in front of me on the El today smelled of coconuts. And it wasn't that sweet, airy, tropical aroma that conjures up imagery of sandy beaches or palm trees or even a frosty Pina Colada. No, it was the car air freshener, cheap cologne variety of coconut. I didn't mind so much, however, because the train I had just transferred from smelled of urine.

I haven't been taking pictures lately because I had to use one of my camera batteries in my MP3 player last week when the weather was a little more decent for jogging. I have yet to replace the battery to its home in the camera despite the fact that I haven't used my MP3 player in about five days. I am lazy. I've pretty well established that here. Just wanted to share.

Yesterday, I visited Sierra Trading Post with the explicit purpose of buying new running shoes and a new backpack - I'd previously seen a very cute pink and black pack that I liked. I ended up with the shoes, which was good, a new pair of workout pants, and a new "workout" hoodie. I completely forgot about ordering the backpack until the next day when I received the Sierra Trading Post order confirmation.

Another recent spastic shopping activity involved a visit to Marshall Fields downtown to make use of a gift card. This was my first time to venture into the epic catacombs of this famed department store. My only other encounter with Marshall Fields was aggressive dodging of and weaving through the window gawkers at Christmas. I was alone. This was not a good idea. Anxiety attack was fast approaching - the store, it was just too big. Sensory overload. Overheated. Too many people eerily milling about. I had to think fast. The lingerie section seemed safe. Empty. I ended up buying three pair of Calvin Klein panties. What you should know, however, is that the gift card with which I bought the panties was a given to me by Mike's dad. Dear God. I hope he never asks what I got with it. I'm a terrible liar. Luckily I found the exit quickly and retreated to the nearest Starbucks.

Lula, the cat, we've found does not enjoy cat nip. Or at least, she does not enjoy her rat stuffed with cat nip. Nor does she like her fluffy pink feather teaser thing. I think she thinks Mike and I are idiots. I can just see her using a voice similar to Stewie from The Family Guy if she ever decided to speak English. *Sigh* "You humans are complete imbeciles."