Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A few random, unrelated bits

I've been reading this book lately and I think I am in love with Merrill Markoe. Seriously hysterical, but probably only to females and gay men. Last night I came across her thoughts on Valentine's Day in an essay in the book entitled "Deranged Love Mutants: The Story of Romeo and Juliet." Very nice. I highly recommend this book.

I've noticed that design-wise pizza boxes are different here. It's very perplexing to me, although I'm beginning to see why. The lids have little flaps that fold into slots on the side, making it a more efficient to stay shut. OK, a little hard to explain. Just trust me.

I've also noticed that apples are way better here than in Dallas - or anywhere I've lived for that matter. I've even branched out from my Granny Smith fetish and started buying all kinds. They are so crisp and juicy and refreshing. True happiness, my friends, is a delicious apple.