Thursday, November 17, 2005

frost-bit

I have officially broken into the ski-clothes box. Much to my delight I found two pair of long underwear, warm socks and sock liners, a fleece Campmor vest (circa 1985, probably, when my dad used to go on his big wilderness treks in Canada), another fleece pullover, and two zipper turtlenecks, black, that are super cool. Apparently it's been a while since I've been skiing. I'd forgotten that I had quite the ski bunny ensemble. Anyway, I busted out my hiking boots and have suited up in the appropriate layering method. The only things I left in the ski box are my ski jacket (it's kind of Rainbow Brite-ish, only good for getting noticed on the slopes really), my ski pants - because really, I'm not that desperate yet - and my ski goggles, which seemed to have been warped from several years of being squished into the bottom of a cardboard wet/dry vacuum box. Now I'm going to see if any of those hand and toe warmers I found actually still work.