Monday, October 10, 2005

The Weekend of the Mom

I've been trying to write a post since 10 a.m. Each time I start writing, my phone starts ringing, or someone sneaks up behind my chair to ask me a question. Don't these people know that my last day is Friday and this week I am merely serving as a figurehead? Geez. Then, I finally had the entire post complete and my computer decides to freak out and it erases the whole thing. There was no chance for recovery. My computer has been posessed by demons. I wish my replacement luck as this person will inherit said demon machine. Mua. Muhaha. Muhahahahahahaha.

OK, sorry. Lapse of sanity there. So onto the Weekend of Mom. All went well for the first, oh, I'd say 18 hours. Then I started foaming at the mouth and tearing out my hair.

damn phone. hang on.

Alright I'm back. I'm just going to have to do a list here:
1. The mom came.
2. Within ten minutes she found FOX news on my TV that has no listing of channels as I am cheap and told the cable company that a cable box was not necessary. It saved me like an extra ten bucks a month.
3. We went shopping.
4. We saw "In Her Shoes." We got to the movie 30 mintues early. The previous showing had not ended. When it did end the mother did not wait for the clean-up crew to complete their rounds before entering. She tried to sit on the 3rd row back. We compromised and ended up on like the 5th row.
5. We made stuffed bell peppers for dinner.
6. The moms turned the volume up to like 35 on the TV. I usually keep it at 11.
7. We went to Target. I got the moms to buy me a carry-on bag that has wheels. In turn, she is going to try to get my dad to pay her back for it. This plan may not work.
8. We went to Chuys. Mom had a Jack and (not to be confused with regular Coke) Diet Coke. Only Diet Coke.
9. This morning we found that the living room window was mysteriously open. It can only be opened from the inside of the apartment. All of the doors were locked; the window was not open last night. The moms, although she slept in the living room, claims that she did not touch the window during the course of the night. So naturally, someone must have, during the night, opened my apartment door, with a key, walked past my mom on the couch, opened the blinds, unlocked and slid open the window, turned around, making sure to disturb nothing, left out the front door without making a sound and locked back the deadbold on the front door. From the outside.