Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"The next thing I know you'll be calling me up tellling me you want to move to Seattle"

My Dad's response the first time I told him I wanted to move to Chicago.

"Well Seattle is really cool..." I say this in jest, but my Dad does have a point. I haven't exactly planted roots since I graduated college three years ago. I spent a year in Atlanta and a little more than two here in Dallas. In about a month I am moving to Chicago. Like my move to Atlanta, I've only been to the city once. It should be interesting.

"It's cold up there; you won't like it."

My mom. Who surprisingly, after this initial reaction, has been really cool about it. I was expecting otherwise (i.e. total uncoolness). I think it has to do with her new "friend." Thank GOD. His name is Art.

Now, I have to tell the really tough crowd: my sisters. My oldest sister, well, I haven't told her yet because, as with every decision I've made in my life even down to my wardrobe choices she has had a negative reaction. I am afraid. Let me repeat. I am 25 years old and I am still afraid of my older sister.

Wish me luck. I'm hoping the parentals might spill the beans, but then she might get mad at me for not telling her myself. I think I'm just going to go ahead and prepare for another one of those six-month bouts of not talking/passive aggressive emailing.