Wednesday, November 23, 2005

christmas houseguest

I have hereby volunteered to bring the office cat home with me during Christmas. Not Thanksgiving though because I don't think it would be wise to surprise my Mom, hater of cats, with a nice big fluffy feline on her very first visit to my new home, which, she has expressed some reluctance to do so in the first place. So, Christmas holidays it is. Being a dog-person my entire life (see sentence referencing my mom's hatred of cats) I am a little nervous about my ability to care properly for the little fella (not sure if it's a girl or a boy - it was found wandering the halls in our building and has not yet been to the vet). Where am I going to put the litter box? What do I do with the poo? Can I put a santa hat on him? Of course I am in the process of learning all of this at work, where we share cat responsibility. But me, I'm a bit of a worrywort, and this is me worrying - just a little - a month in advance.