Friday, July 08, 2005

5 on it

Passed along from Jessie. I should so be working right now.

10 years ago: I was driving around in my '92 maroon Chevy Corsica LT with the windows down. I'd just gotten off work at my dad's store where I was spending the summer helping out in the display department. Setting up window displays in Louisiana summers = really hot. And the studio had no A/C. So most likely I was en route to get a peach Icee followed by an afternoon of pool lounging.

5 years ago: Summer school at La. Tech University. I gave a speech on "How to make party cups." I made a B.

1 year ago: I had just gotten back from my first (and only) trip to Chicago. Great city.

Yesterday: I was tired - but productive. I got shit done at work for a change. Discovered the new "Junior Caramels" and Coke Zero. Was not impressed by the latter.

Today:I smell like a smokehouse. I spent the morning conducting an interview and photoshoot at a BBQ joint. I stink. But damn, I got to eat ribs at 10 in the morning - how awesome is that?

Tomorrow: I want to go to the Aquarium. I also have to get my bridesmaid's dress altered.

5 snacks I enjoy: Chocolate, Chips (Sour Cream & Cheddar Baked Lays), Popsicles, Sno Cones, Cheese.

5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: Widespread Panic, Interpol, Smashing Pumpkins, Tori Amos, THE GRATEFUL DEAD!

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: By my mom a house on the beach, buy myself a house on the beach -perhaps in Italy, travel, travel some more and give $$ to the Special Olympics.

5 locations I’d like to run away to: Cinque Terre in Italy, The San Juan Islands, Colorado, Chicago, Hilton Head or Charleston SC.

5 bad habits I have: picking at my fingers/nails, smoking, not keeping in touch with people, laziness, procrastination.

5 things I like doing: Sleeping, watching movies, reading, swimming, playing Galaga.

5 things I would never wear: thongs, one of those velour jumpsuits that says "Juicy" on the butt, extensions, an eyebrow ring, a mohawk.

5 TV shows I like: Absolutely Fabulous, Seinfeld, Sex and the City, The Daily Show and Rick Steves.

5 movies I like: The Blues Brothers, Better Off Dead, The Big Lebowski, Hero, Dr. Strangelove.

5 famous people I’d like to meet: Jon Stewart, Bill Murray, Jennifer Saunders, Jack and Meg White, Zack Braff.

5 biggest joys at the moment: long days, weekends, wine, beer, minimal responsibility.

5 favorite toys: Slinky, Frisbee, basketball, water gun, rollerblades.

5 people to tag: Hmm, don't know if I have five. Let's see. Bek and Amy. no one else I can think of would actually do this.