Thursday, February 24, 2005

Birthday Week Update

That's me, the little one.
Example

(I should probably point out that, as in the case with the previous post, this picture is from someone else's birthday. Take note of the orange balloon envy).

Yesterday was one of the best Birthday-days I've had in recent history. I was in a good mood. The weather was nice. I got a groovy flower arrangement, balloon and card at the office. My boss let me go home early. I took a nap. I got presents from my friends including a cool purple pillow and vase and a gift card to Barnes and Noble. My mom (of course wanting to beat out my Dad in the race for who sends a present first) actually sent me a box of books from my Amazon wish list like three weeks ago. I've already read three of them.

My parents have got the typical "we feel sorry for fucking up your childhood with our issues/divorce" thing going on so that means gift-giving is always generous. I do not complain.

This is what I'm getting from my Dad for my Birthday.

I'm so excited! Goodbye old-couch-from-grandmother's-sitting-room-whose-cushions-slide-out-from-under-you-every time-you-sit-down. I hope you find a nice new home. Salvation Army will treat you well, sucka!

Last night we went for Crawfish at Dodie's where we learned after paying our bill that it was dollar draft night. Of course we got a big "that's right bitches" from Brett who was the only one at the table that had (quite unknowingly) taken advantage of the draft special, proudly slurping beer after beer from a giant glass goblet.

I think I saw a half fist pump.

It was a good day. And this weekend the celebratory drinking will begin.

That's right bitches.