Thursday, February 17, 2005

Curse

I am cursed when it comes to technology. Seriously. Give me something electronic and I guarantee I'll find a way to royally screw it up. And it's not just something that happens to everybody - it's the type of problem that readily recieves the response "what the fuck did you do?"

Ask anyone of my roomates from college that had a computer.

I inherited this curse from my Dad, who adamantly avoids all things electronic. In fact, he didn't watch TV for a week one time because he couldn't figure out how to turn it on.

With him, it's gotten so bad that he now claims that he doesn't know how to rent a movie.

My mother on the other hand is quite savvy when it comes to technology. She prides herself on this.

Every time I go near her computer she accuses me of messing something up.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Nothing! I didn't do anything!"

"Oh. Wait a minute." (keys clicking) "Nevermind."

"Hmph." (internal sigh of relief).

So naturally I was delighted today when I assisted a co-worker with the office digital camera and she said I was her hero.