Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

Example

Once again I am bumming chocolate off of my co-workers.

I was amused this weekend by all of the ginormous heart-shaped signs with magnificently large and repeating arrows pointing customers* toward the store's Valentine's Day inventory.

I am also annoyed by the 30-minute conversation that just went down in the cubicle next to mine. Went a little something like this: "Oh my God. One time, my boyfriend got me flowers from Flowerama..."

Just be glad he got you flowers, bitch.

But I'm not complaining. We recognized Valentine's on Saturday night, which included a cheese board, bottle of red, persimmon Haddock, orange cinnamon creme brulee (all at Savory), and later, watching Casablanca.**

Very nice.

Now back to my overdue story on home invasions...

*men
**mmmmm. Humphrey Bogart.