Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Dream Dictionary?

So I clicked on the "what do your dreams mean" link located on the lower right hand side of my hotmail inbox today. I looked up water.

Water (see Ocean)
1. If the dreamer is drinking water, this is a symbol for enjoying life. If the dreamer is at presently in bad circumstances, dreaming of drinking water implies that good times are ahead.
2. Clear, calm water portends happiness, while river rapids or crashing surf implies rough times on the horizon.
3. A waterfall, particularly if there is also a rainbow in the dream, indicates success, happiness, and wealth coming into the dreamer's life.
Astrological parallel: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces.
Tarot parallel: The suit of cups.

Here is my dream in three stages:
Stage 1: I am at the top of a cascading waterfall/slide. It doesn't seem to be man-made, but it is looks like it is a waterpark ride. Serious white water rushing down - but kids and adults litter the scene in brightly colored swimsuits and water-soaked clothes seemingly having fun with this waterslide/fall thing.
Stage 2:: Assuming to be at the bottom of the waterfall. The rushing water is quiet. In a pond of sorts. Calm, smooth surface. The water is murky and brown and dark brown. There are twigs slicing up through the murk. I poke at them with I guess a paddle.
Stage 3:: Somehow am back at the waterfall/slide frenzy. People are going down the chute and water sprays past me. Some of the people try to get off right in front of me by grabbing mid-slide onto something - not sure what it is.

So in trying to figure out this dream using the "Dream Dictionary" I am at a loss. I am not drinking the water in the dream so we can scratch definition number one out. But do I go with the happiness factor b/c of the waterfall and calm water? I could definitely use some success, happiness and wealth - or should I hunker down for rough times b/c of the crashing surf/river rapids definition? Although it was not crashing surf or rapids per se, but more of a crashing waterfall.