Monday, July 25, 2005

Bundle of Joy

So the deal is set for Thursday morning. I had to sit through a five minute video illustrating the root canal procedure that consists mainly of a metal device being rammed back and forth into the middle of your tooth. Like I told the lady that started the video - nothing new there - I've already had this done twice. No need to see the video to remind me that they will be JAMMING A METAL DEVICE INTO MY TOOTH. She made me watch it anyway. No questions? She said after it finished, cocking her head. No.

They put me on antibiotics. Nice. Especially seeing as I'm headed to a bachelorette party extravaganza this weekend - antibiotics = no drinking. Being sober at that event is not an option. I should have asked for more drugs at the dentist. Damn.

Guess what else happens this week? My period. Yay.

In addition to that, if this root canal is anything like the past two, then my entire mouth and part of my face will be numb for a good 3 hours after the procedure. Meaning all of the interviews that I had planned to take care of on Thursday ain't gonna happen. Yay.

So after picking up my amoxicillan prescription at CVS - where an employee pointed his scanner at me like a gun, I headed to Whole Foods and bought chocolate. Lavender flavored chocolate. It's supposed to be relaxing.