Thursday, August 30, 2007

I love my new neighborhood

Today, I walked to work. From my apartment. Not because I didn't have another way to get there, but because I wanted to. The weather is awesome; sunny and cool. I stopped at our neighborhood coffee shop on the way. I ordered a medium Red Eyes blend and a wheat bagel, toasted, with light cream cheese. I gave the barista a dollar tip. She is a petite, thin, older lady. A little grandmotherly and completely endearing. I left some post cards for my company's fundraiser next week on the community table while I waited and wished it was Saturday so I could plop down in one of those comfy red sofa chairs in the back with my morning fare. The other clientele, oddly, seemed to all be men in their late 30's. The two that ordered before I did wanted lattes. The one behind got a large coffee. The barista knew his order before he spoke.