Friday, September 03, 2004

Laboring over Labor Day

Most of the people I know are either going on a great weekend excursion for Labor Day or they have to work. I am doing neither. I thought about making a trip home, but found out that my older sister will be there. We still are not speaking. It's been a month. Usually I take the high road and try to smooth things over when she gets pissed off. But I'm sick of doing that. So, no talk and no trip to Louisiana. Then I thought about doing some sort of trip of my own. But you have the whole holiday traffic thing to figure in. I just don't think I can handle it, especially driving alone. So here I am. Definitely not having to work, and definitely having no plans. The one person I usually depend on for plans apparently doesn't want to make plans involving me anymore. At least not so much. So I've seriously got to find something to do, else I start feeling sorry for myself.