Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lots of things happening

Well folks, we're getting very close. Only two more months! (ish) And Mike and I will be joined in mawwage. Frightening that we will be a Mr. and a Mrs. I've got most of the plans done. Having a half-elopement is a lot less stressful. At least I hope. We'll see when we get there. But as far as I know there will be food and cake. And booze. And an ambient sound system with the option of iPod hookup.

In other news, my Dad is trying to plan a post half-elopement reception for us in Louisiana for extended friends and family. We finally settled on a date -- nearly three months after the ceremony -- due in part to the LA Tech football schedule, my work, and family/friends' prior obligations. Dad called the other day and said he was overwhelmed with planning and was thinking about hiring an event planner. (See! See! I said. I told him planning this sh*t is stressful!) We do have an awesome band secured for that party and the contract provides that they will learn three songs special for the event. Any suggestions?